Ongoing Groups provide an opportunity for education, sharing and personal support for individuals or families who have or are encountering special needs or are connected together in some unique way. The Center is pleased to host or provide meeting space for the following groups:
A.L.S. Association - South Texas Chapter
A.L.S.-for people dealing with Lou Gehrig’s disease.
2nd Wednesdays, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
S.O.L.O.S. (For Survivors of Loved Ones' Suicide)
1st & 3rd Wednesdays
7:00 - 8:30 pm
Tony Mata 210.885.7069
Us, Too Prostrate Cancer Support Group
1st Mondays, 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Johnny Staha 830.569.5516
Recovery, Inc. (For those with severe anxiety, panic, depression and phobias)
Each Wednesday, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Buddhist Reading Group
Each Tuesday, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Helping Survivors Find Their Way (For Ovarian and Breast Cancer Survivors)
Lejla Cenanovic/210.616-0885 or lcenanovic @ ecrh.org
Bereavement Support Groups
Click here to download a PDF of community bereavement support groups.
Several congregations and groups also offer support classes
- Archdiocese of SA Victims Assistance ~ Steve Martinez/210.734.7786
- Castle Hills First Baptist ~ Janet Chism/210.341.9500
- Community Bible Church ~ Pat Cummings/210.496.5096
- Cornerstone Church ~ C.J. Gonzales/210.477.1550 ext #2
- University Methodist ~ Denise Barker/210.696.1033
- Wayside Chapel One-Hope Classes ~ 210.344.1203
- Pregnancy Care Center ~ Yvette Murray/210.614.5433
- First Baptist Church Heart 2 Heart program ~ 210.854.4866
- Considering Forgiveness: When you feel like you need to forgive someone, but the task seems overwhelming.
- Facing Cancer Together: Includes cancer survivors and their spouses (or a close family member or friend) who are walking through the cancer journey together.
- Grief Share: Helps hurting people navigate the process of grief following the death of a loved one.
- Journey to Restoration: For those who wish to overcome the wounds from the past (verbal, physical, emotional, sexual or spiritual).
- Men's Freedom Class: 12 Step self-help group providing a safe and confidential setting for men recovering from sexual addiction.
- Trusting God's People Again: Offers hope and biblical direction for those who have been wounded by God's own people.