Child Parent Relationship Training – also called Filial Therapy is a researched, 10 week parenting course for parents with children under the age of 10 that teaches parents how to use some of the same skills that play therapists use to help children experiencing social, emotional or behavioral problems.
FACILITATOR’S: Nancy Franklin, LCSW, ACSW, Registered Play Therapist and Supervisor and Julie Gowen, LCSW-S, Registered Play Therapist and Supervisor
CONTACT/REGISTER: Nancy Franklin at (210)616-0885 (209) or Nfranklin@ecrh.org
HOW CAN CPRT HELP?
In ten weeks, you will learn how to:
- Regain control as a parent
- Help your child develop self – control
- Effectively discipline and limit inappropriate behavior
- Understand your child’s emotional needs
- Communicate more effectively with your child
In ten weeks, you will see a noticeable difference in:
- Your relationship with your child
- Your child’s behavior
- Your ability to respond effectively
- Your confidence in you parenting skills