Dr. Daniel J. Thompson
The Quantum Paradigm: A New Epoch and a New Ethic in Health Care
Lunch Seminar: 11:30 a.m. Lunch | Noon – 1:30 p.m. Seminar
The Ecumenical Center | 8310 Ewing Halsell | 210-616-0885
Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel
Legal and Ethical Considerations in Physician-Assisted Suicide
6:00 p.m. Reception | 7:00-8:00 p.m. Lecture
UT Health San Antonio | Pestana Lecture Hall 3.104A7703 Floyd Curl Drive | 210-567-0795
Dr. Daniel Thompson, will speak on how practitioners’ own emotional and psychological health affects patients, which is often communicated to the patient transrationally and unconsciously.
- To understand the basic elements that set the quantum revolution in motion.
- To understand the changing view of reality brought on by the quantum paradigm.
- To understand how the new worldview expands and transcends our standard conceptualization of health and healthcare.
- To understand how medical and mental health practitioners and their staffs have a systemic/group/milieu effect on patients that is much more powerful than previously understood.
- To understand how practitioners’ own emotional and psychological health affects patients, which is often communicated to the patient transrationally and unconsciously.
- To understand that patients’ emotional and mental lives have a more direct effect on physical conditions than we ever thought possible previously.
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, will speak on the most common reasons patients request physician assisted suicide and the ethical concerns in physician decision making.
- Learn precise definitions for terminology used in international discussions of physician-assisted suicide.
- Be able to discuss the most common reasons patients request physician -assisted.
- Be able to articulate several ethical concerns related to physician-assisted suicide and discuss whether these need additional research.