At The Center, we’ve always had a special place in our hearts for those who’ve worn our country’s uniform. And we’ve backed it up with a wide range of programs designed to help veterans – and their families – deal with service-related mental health issues, reintegration to civilian life, and so on. We’ve even found sources of funding that allow us to offer clinical counseling, training and other services at significant discounts or, in some cases, for no charge at all.
Of course, we not only want to help – we want to stay current with and relevant to situations faced by all active and retired military personnel and veterans in our area. You’ll see proof in many of our recent initiatives.
EMDR training. Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing is one of the methods proven to help treat PTSD.
Newly expanded counseling services. We’ve long had programs for active and former military, honorably discharged veterans of every age, and for their families. Now we’ve begun extending service to veteran-related groups who may have difficulty getting help or even recognition from other care organizations. These include:
- Veterans facing long wait times for mental health treatment at the VA.
- Caregivers of veterans who may not qualify as family members.
- Dishonorably discharged veterans whose status may be due in part to previously undiagnosed mental issues.
Military educational events and special speakers. This year, these will include:
- Kris “Tonto” Paronto – 13 Hours – Benghazi, what really happened. The untold story. Private VIP dinner on February 27th at 6 p.m., Club Giraud and Public Address on February 28th at 10:30 a.m. at The Center.
- Mark Stebnicki – author of the manual on cultural sensitivity training – Clinical Military Counseling on November 16th at The Center.
Military culture training – to help The Center’s own counselors, other health professionals and members of the broader community gain understanding of military tradition and lifestyle.
Want to know more about these and other veteran services at The Center? Click here or call us at 210.616.0885.