This workshop is intended to provide advanced play therapists a cursory understanding of Jungian Analytical Play Therapy with the intention to provide them with a relevant model and structure by which they can deepen their understanding of children’s therapeutic play.
- Gain a clear understanding of the development of a child’s psyche
- Gain a clear understanding of the development of a complex and proto-complex
- Gain a clear understanding of the archetypal material involved in complex formation
- Gain a clear understanding of the symbolic nature of toys
- Gain a clear understanding of the connection between the thematic application of the toys and the child’s complex related issues
- Gain an understanding of a child’s work and the process of transformation
- Gain an understanding of the therapist’s role as witness, container, and interpreter
JP Lilly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Registered Play Therapist/ Supervisor in private practice. He is published in books and journals, and taught at Brigham Young University in the graduate schools of Clinical Psychology, Social Work, and MFT for seventeen years.